Learn sailing, powerboating, and windsurfing at Cramond!
The Cramond Boat Club is an RYA Recognised Training Centre approved to train Club members.
- For adults, we offer introductory levels of the RYA National Sailing Scheme. We also offer Advanced RYA sailing courses.
- We deliver levels 1-4 of the RYA Youth Training Scheme for those aged 10 and above through our Cramond Sea Monkeys programme throughout the season.
- Our RYA Powerboat training for those aged 12 and above includes beginner-level and safety boat courses.
- A new addition to our training is the RYA Beginner Windsurfing course.
The Cramond Sea Scouts are major partners in the Club's training programme.
All our instructors are RYA qualified and are trained in first aid. All courses apply the Club's approved child protection and data protection policies. We have a fleet of fully-equipped safety boats that cover our training activities.
Many of our students progress from our training courses to become independent sailors and powerboat drivers. The Club facilitates this by offering the free use of Club sailing dinghies, including double-handed and single-handed boats. When graduating from our powerboat courses you will be encouraged to hone you skills by crewing and helming one of our safety RIBs.
Only CBC members may join our training courses. See the
Membership page for details about membership categories and current subscriptions.
- Trainees must have suitable clothing for the course, for example a good wetsuit or drysuit, spray top and dinghy sailing boots. The Club will supply buoyancy aids. Please contact the Training Officer ([email protected]) for advice.
- Changing facilities and hot showers are available in the clubhouse.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel any training module if insufficient enrolments have been received by 1 week prior to the start of the course. In such a case, any monies received will be returned.